Dental Implants – High Point, NC
A Different Kind of Tooth Replacement
Traditional dentures and bridges can have a dramatic impact on the quality of your life after tooth loss, but the benefits of dental implants are hard to match. Thanks to the titanium posts that act as new tooth roots, you’ll be able to eat more foods, smile with complete confidence, and enjoy the youthful contours of your face for much longer than you would normally. Dr. Bhadani can discuss the procedure to replace missing teeth wtih dental implants in High Point, NC when you schedule a consultation.
What are Dental Implants?
An implant does not resemble a real tooth by itself; it’s instead meant to perform the functions of a tooth root. It’s a small, screwlike post normally made out of titanium, and it is surgically inserted into the jawbone. You can get a single implant to replace one missing tooth or multiple implants along the mouth to restore the entire arch. After a few months, implants fuse with the bone and become part of the jaw.
The 4 Step Dental Implant Process
You can divide the dental implant process into 4 general steps:
- First, you need to schedule a dental implant consultation so that we can determine if they are the best replacement option for you.
- If they are, the actual surgery to place the implant posts will be handled by a separate specialist for the best results.
- Afterward, you’ll wait for a few months for osseointegration to take place, the process in which the implants join with the surrounding bone to make them extremely stable.
- Once your mouth is completely healed, the final step is to place your implant restorations, which Dr. Bhadani will handle personally.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are hundreds of thousands of dental implants placed every year, and for good reason. Because of their versatility, longevity, and esthetics, they offer a level of tooth replacement that is truly second-to-none. Below, you can read about some of the most common benefits patients experience following their dental implant procedure. Keep in mind these are benefits that you won’t necessarily gain from traditional options like bridges and dentures.
- Natural Function: Dental implants behave like natural teeth; they stay firmly in place at all times, they stimulate the jawbone, and they allow you to eat virtually anything with ease. That means even very tough or crunchy options like steak and apples can be easily broken down and enjoyed for decades to come.
- Simple At-Home Maintenance – There’s no need to take out your restoration just to practice brushing and flossing. All you need to do is practice your oral hygiene like you typically would, making sure to be thorough around the bottom portion directly underneath the implant restoration. This will keep plaque and harmful oral bacteria at bay.
- Beautiful Esthetics – If you’ve ever felt self-conscious about showing off your smile because of missing teeth, that will be a thing of the past with dental implants. Not only do you not have to worry about them shifting out of place in front of friends and family, but the restorations will look like a natural part of your smile.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Unlike bridges and dentures, which are designed to address very specific forms of tooth loss, dental implants are much more versatile, being able to replace any number of teeth. Generally speaking, as long as you have healthy gums and a jaw that can support the posts, you can consider dental implants as a solution for your tooth loss. Below, you can learn a little bit more about the qualities of a good dental implant candidate, and when you’re ready to explore your options in person, reach out to us and schedule a consultation with your dental implant dentist in High Point!
It might seem like only a select few qualify for dental implants, but in actuality, most adults can be eligible, even if it takes some additional treatments to get there. When Dr. Bhadani evaluates your candidacy for dental implants, she’ll be looking at three main factors:
- The status of your oral health – If your mouth shows any signs of gum disease or decay in your remaining teeth, these issues must be treated to prevent them from jeopardizing the success of your implants.
- The status of your overall health – Certain medical conditions could compromise your ability to undergo oral surgery or heal afterward. Ask your primary care physician if dental implant surgery would be safe for you.
- The strength of your jawbone – After the teeth are lost, the jawbone begins to shrink, becoming no longer able to support the implant posts.
Don’t worry if you don’t currently meet all of the qualifications described above. With the right preparatory procedures, such as bone grafting, odds are that you can become a great candidate for dental implants in High Point. Then, Dr. Bhadani can plan out a treatment for restoring your smile no matter how many teeth you’ve lost.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
As part of your initial consultation, we’ll discuss your overall cost of dental implants in High Point. In addition to the price of implant surgery itself, we’ll also make sure you’re aware of how preparatory procedures, the number of implant posts required, and the type of restoration you need will affect the amount you pay in the end. It helps to think of dental implants as a lifelong investment, seeing as how they’ll stay in your mouth much longer than traditional dentures or bridges. Below, you can find some information that can be very helpful when budgeting for dental implants.
There’s a chance that your implant dentist in High Point will tell you that you need to complete one or more preliminary treatments before dental implants can be placed. These include bone grafting to strengthen the jawbone and periodontal therapy to target gum disease. Although these treatments add to your total expenses, they create a healthy foundation that will encourage your new teeth to stand the test of time.
The surgical implant placement also incurs its own cost. Dr. Bhadani will refer you to a trusted specialist to ensure the care you receive is as safe and successful as possible, but this will mean being responsible for a separate fee to the specialist for the surgery.
Dental Implant FAQs
If you’ve experienced tooth loss, then you might be considering getting dental implants. Not only will they replace your missing pearly whites, but they’ll also preserve a strong and youthful jawbone in the long run. While they may provide plenty of benefits for your smile, it’s natural to still wonder what you can expect from the procedure before committing to it. To make things easier, our team at Gentle Care Family Dental has collected and answered some of the most commonly asked questions our patients have about dental implants in High Point!
Before we begin your dental implant procedure, Dr. Bhadani will make sure to apply a local anesthetic to numb your mouth. This will help make your treatment as pain-free as possible. If you’re feeling anxious or nervous about your procedure, then we may provide you with sedation therapy to keep you relaxed throughout the process. You may, however, experience minor soreness or discomfort in your mouth for the next few days after your surgery. While this typically goes away on its own, you can help manage any mild sensations with OTC pain relievers or by using a cold compress.